Emerging from the successful Youth Interactive Session with the Executive Governor of Nasarawa State, His Excellency, Engr. Abdullahi Audu Sule, convened by the Office of the Special Adviser to the Governor on Youth Affairs and Sports Development, the leadership of the Nigerian Youth Congress, NYC, Nasarawa State Chapter, arrived at the following unanimous decisions.
2. Commended and appreciated Governor Abdullahi Audu Sule for his youth-friendliness and determination to empower youths of the State and involve them in critical decision makings.
3. Commended and applauded Governor Abdullahi Audu Sule for his transformative leadership foresight and quest to take Nasarawa State to an enviable height in all ramifications.
4. Commended and applauded the Governor and Government of Nasarawa State for all the measures it has taken and still taking to contain the global Coronavirus pandemic and its effects on the citizenry and state at large.
5. Commended the Governor, His Excellency, Engr. Abdullahi Audu Sule, for participating in the Nigerian Youth Congress’ Virtual Conference Meeting hosted by national of the NYC, last week, and appreciated him for his laudable contribution in the meeting.
6. Commended and appreciated the State Commissioner for Youth and Sports Development, Hon. Othman Bala Adam, and Office of the Special Adviser to the Governor on Youth Affairs and Sports Development, headed by Hon. Kwanta Yakubu, for convening the high-profile youth interactive session, terming it as a decision taken at the right time and with the right stakeholders.
7. Appealed to the Governor and Government of Nasarawa State to take a cursory look at the education sector, especially concerning Teachers’ Welfare and state of infrastructures, to meet global standard.
8. Requested and appealed to the Governor and Government of Nasarawa State to overhaul the Youth Centres across the State to meet international standards for revenue generation and job creation.
9. Appealed to the Governor and Government of Nasarawa State to declare July 7 of every year the “NASARAWA STATE YOUTH DAY” and make the Youth Interactive Session with the Governor an annual event.
10. The NYC resolved to key into the various Governor Abdullahi Audu Sule revolution for youth development and empowerment programmes to be self-reliant and in turn contribute their (beneficiaries) quota to the state and larger society in line with His Excellency’s slogan of “Exceeding All Expectations”.
11. Resolved to intensify its partnerships with relevant stakeholders in the state to create jobs for the teeming youths, combat insecurity, contain the global Coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19), and other factors that impede on the peace and development of the State.
12. Thanked all those who facilitated the Youth Interactive Session with His Excellency, Governor Abdullahi Audu Sule, and opined that the NYC is disposed to welcoming new members into its folds as long as they share the same ideologies with it.
Communique’ Drafting Committee Members:
1. Amb. Eche Amos(Dir. Sports & Social Development, NYC, Nasarawa State Chapter).
2. Barr. Cheku Alkali(Legal Adviser, NYC, Nasarawa State Chapter).
3. Comr. Benjamin Ewuga(Vice Chairman, Northern Zone, NYC, Nasarawa State Chapter).